Friday 8 November 2013

Salted Caramel Brandy Cream Liqueur

For Libby and Matt

One night when we were being terribly grown up and posh, we went to a little wine bar in the city with friends and were introduced to a liqueur called Creme au Caramel et a la Fleur de Sel, which tasted like the love child of liquidised salted caramel and Bailey's Irish Cream.  Needless to say, I had to give it a crack myself.

Ingredients

300ml brandy
1 tin dulce de leche (nestle "Top 'n Fill Caramel")
400ml single cream
4 tsp chocolate sauce
1 tsp almond essence
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp coffee powder
2 tbsp castor sugar
2 tsp caramel flavouring
pinch of salt


Method

Whisk together the caramel and cream then add all the flavourings, whisking after each addition.  Gradually stir in the brandy. 


Taste the mixture, and add more of any ingredient to adjust to your personal preference. For my part, I will probably dilute the mixture slightly with a bit more cream so that I can enjoy it served on its own.  Others may feel it needs a bit more of a brandy kick, or a stronger salt hit.  In any case, I'm confident you'll love this.

No comments:

Post a Comment