Sunday 28 December 2014

Summer Cook's Diary

Quite often, my greatest achievements in the kitchen are not in developing original recipes, or even necessarily in cooking anything.  More often, if I may say so, they come in the clever composition of a well-paced three-course meal, or discovering a new product, or picking a perfect dish for the weather, or devising a crafty short cut on a week night. Experimenting, researching, reading, browsing the shops, and trying new things are as important to the development of culinary knowledge as being in the kitchen, and I think they are activities that effectively form the demarcation between the romantic foodie and the eat-to-live utilitarian.

This Summer Cook's Diary is my first real excursion into classic episodic blogging.  Over the summer, with time on my side, I'd like provide a rambling chronicle of my culinary encounters in all their incarnations, in the hope that they may prove interesting, or useful or illuminating in some way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment