Wednesday 7 January 2015

Chilled Soup

Although it is definitely too hot to cook, especially if you don't have air-conditioning, 40 plus weather does not necessarily need to see you heading for the local fish and chip shop.  Here are two little beauties that are not only delicious and refreshing, they take only minutes to make.

Avocado Soup

 


This is another gem from Nina St Tropez. Her recipe is really simple and contains only avocado, water, lemon juice, onion, garlic and seasoning, and is served topped with pistachios and olive oil. Shaun suggested it would be nice seasoned with the spice mix I use for guacamole, which seems like a great idea for next time.  There are many variations on this soup that can be found online.  I quite liked the look of the one on the Green Kitchen Stories blog. 

Although my mum would never actually eat avocado soup herself, she did comment to me that it would, if one were inclined to make it, be nice served with prawns.  This would be particularly true if you added dill to the mix.  Crab meat would work well also.

Gazpacho 

 


Obviously, this is a classic. And yet, until today I've never though to make it myself. Given that it is an absolute flavour bomb and about the easiest thing you could ever think to make, I'm now wondering why. I followed the recipe on food.com, but I didn't have any cumin, and I only used half the amount of olive oil.


No comments:

Post a Comment